Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hey! Maverick!

Busy day today! Laundry time this morning, and then a quick trip to the Jeep Dealer in Bracebridge to sort out some problems with a new key we bought. This afternoon was busy cleaning up the RV after the trip home from the Farm in the rain... that will make a mess!

Late this afternoon we had to deliver our Jeep to the folks at Bella Vista RV down in Oro, south of Orillia. They are going to install the new Blue Ox tow bar assembly on the motorhome and on the Jeep. I will take the Motorhome down tomorrow, and then tow the Jeep home at then end of the day, hopefully when all the work is done!

Have to give a big "Thank You" to Mary Demerling today, who lent her Volvo to Judy so she could fly down to Bella Vista to pick me up after I brought the Jeep down. It was pouring rain, and originally Judy was going to take the Burgman down.... might have been a bit damp! Thanks again Mary!

So my Cousin Sue at the Farm was inquiring about how I got the name "Maverick" which is in graphics on the drivers door of the motorhome! Back a couple of years ago Judy and I travelled to Cuba to the Veradero Beach area, along with David and Angela, our Friends from Bracebridge. We had a great time, and the weather was perfect for January. David and I decided it would be a great time to rent the little scooters they had at the resort. We were ripping up and down the beach area having a blast. We decided to travel about 1/2 half an hour, to the next Town. David did not have his passport with him, so he decided to go back to the resort and pick it up. After he had about a 5 minute head start, I decided to go and wait for him at the front of our resort. When I got there, I was just going to park in the "drop off zone" which is right at the front of the resort. I could see David's scooter parked on the sidewalk. As I drove up and stopped in front, this bell hop Cuban Guy, comes running out from the front doors just a yelling.... "Hey, Hey Maverick- you can't park there!" Well that was it! After I related this story to David, Angela and Judy, my new name was "Maverick"! So there you are Cousin Sue, that is the big story!

Tomorrow I may tell you why Judy has "Eagle" in fancy graphics on her door!

till tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment