Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Surgery Success!

The alarm went off at 5:45 a.m. and I was just still in a daze… Judy had to be at the Orillia Hospital for 6:45.  We made it right on time!  Showers and all.

They were very efficient in checking Judy in and making her comfortable.  Very specific instruction to me, “be here at 10:00”… I was

Judy had a few problems after the surgery, and they only called me in at 11:00.  She had blurry vision… this caused more delay… finally at 12:00 noon, they decided she could go home… We borrowed Gary and Shelly’s Jeep Compass and I picked Judy up and headed to the Pharmacy for 3 different drugs to help in recovery. 

Long and short… Judy is doing fine and says she can breath better and easier… the whole purpose of the surgery!  Lets hope it continues. 

At 1:30 I had to leave her and take the RV and head for Woodstock.  I have to be in London Hospital myself tomorrow morning at 10:00 for testing on my thyroid.  Oh boy, too many medical things going on…

I made it back to Woodstock by 4:30 and thankfully Chris and Kristina came out to the park and helped me put the motorcycle trailer in place and get all set up.  Here we are enjoying game 7… well, we are watching it anyways…

Till tomorrow…

6 comments:

  1. glad to hear the surgery went well!..hope your procedure goes fine tomorrow!!..so much for the Canucks..not meant to be!
    (the word verifcation word is 'loseeing')..how close can we get to the word ..losing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a successful outcome, and we hope that she has a quick recovery for the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it ironic that a few people have had to have surgery lately. My wife had bunion surgery last Thursday and is home recovering well. I am babysitting her because she can't walk too well as yet so I have to help her do things and go places.
    Hope all will be well with you this summer.
    Wilf n Elizabeth Blakey
    Kirkland Lake,Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a speedy recovery Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you both good health and Judy a speedy recovery!!!
    HUGS
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Say hi to Judy from Paulette and me and wish her a speedy recovery. Glad to hear the surgery went well. I take it Judy didn't offer to pose for any photos after surgery??? I don't blame her!

    Hockey game? What game? Pretty pathetic on the ice and especially 'off the ice too'.

    ReplyDelete