Saturday, April 28, 2012

My first “Welcome to Canada Party” ever…

What the heck… it got down to –5 last night here…  brrrrrrrrrrrr, we are not used to that!

Turned out to be not a bad day… overcast but it did warm up a bit.

Got a bunch of work done this morning… 1st job was to clean up one real dirty Jeep.  If you got dragged for 2,500 miles, you might be a bit dirty as well…

There are not a lot of campers in our Park right now, so I just washed it out on the road…. nice an clean now!  Just looking for a good California Jeep Trail!

WP_000685

While I was outside this morning doing the Jeep, and the Motorcycle Trailer, I heard all this noise from the other end of the Park, so the little boy in me made me walk up to see what was going on!   Ron, the owner was hard at work installing new services… I love watching these big machines do their work… no effort required at all!

WP_000686

Ron is increasing the size of these RV lots, by moving the road on the far left hand side, and improving the sites with new water, electricity, and sewer pipes!  Able now to accommodate up to 40 feet RV’s.

WP_000687

These two big trees were in the way of progress, so had to go… they are now all cut and split into a big wall of firewood!  They used a backhoe to get them out of the ground.

WP_000688

This afternoon, we were invited to a Welcome to Canada Party!  David and Dianne, Chris’ Parents, put the party on for their  Daughter In Law, Ramona, who lived in Germany.  She married their son, Kevin, and they now live in London, Ont.  A big pile of friends and family came out to welcome Ramona, with a bunch of Canada related food, and gifts.  She is now a landed Immigrant, and is able to work.  Congratulations Ramona!

100_1027

David and Dianne have a large rural property, and Judy found a pile of Trilliums… including a couple red ones if you look close… very rare in these parts!

100_1032

A lot more cleaning to do yet!

Till tomorrow…

7 comments:

  1. We have a big backhoe working in our park this morning - started at 6:15 and all the men that are left, were out there watching him work and taking pictures. Sometime about men and their big toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back to Canada!..maybe spring will be here next month?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now back to Canada, a couple cold nights then the weather is iust steadily warming up, you got back at the right time. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...-5. I am sending you some of this Nevada heat right away!
    Sounds like the RV owner has big plans. How nice for you two.
    Enjoy the warm weather I am sending your way! No thanks needed...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...-5. I am sending you some of this Nevada heat right away!
    Sounds like the RV owner has big plans. How nice for you two.
    Enjoy the warm weather I am sending your way! No thanks needed...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here I thought the Welcome Back to Canada party was for you? Don't feel bad as I didn't get one either.

    One of those big machines would come in handy in our yard sometimes. I could sure do a lot of damage with one of those.

    ReplyDelete