Friday, May 16, 2014

Testing....testing....

After my visit to the Dr. last week, there are a couple things I have to take care of... one of them was today. I had to make a trip back over to London, and have an ultra-sound of my thyroid gland.

 

I think this is the 3rd or 4th year they have been interested in looking at my thyroid. The problem stems from some small "nodules" on my gland, with are all under 1 cm. in size. They start getting uptight if these get to more than 1 cm. in size... so here is hoping they are staying small. An ultrasound is very painless, and only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish.

Judy and I took Gwenny and Charlie over to the "Early Years Program..." in Woodstock this morning, giving Kristina time to do some house cleaning in time for Charlie's big birthday party tomorrow afternoon. Sure to be the social event of the year!

The Centre is a Government sponsored service, and allow a place for young children to get together and have some fun playing with toys, etc.

I grabbed this picture above of Charlie and Gwenny playing with some toys... it is hard to get pictures, as there are so many kids at the centre, it is hard to keep them all out of the pictures! There had to be somewhere between 15 to 20 young ones here this morning... it is an excellent program, and encourages the kids to play together. Parents/caregivers have to be present for each child in the center, and it is "free".

Got my breakfast fix this morning, as I clicked on Rick's Blog, and found I had been auto redirected to his new blog. Good to have him back! For a good dose of techy type computer hints and tricks, check him out at www.bitsnbytespicsnew.blogspot.ca

Till tomorrow...

 

5 comments:

  1. That Ultra Sound machine looks like the robot from the program Lost in Space. Hope the tests show you are good for another million miles or more.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with getting those tests all cleared away and hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all your thyroid tests come out okay! The kids at day care look adorable and content with the toys....


    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes....it is that time of the year for those health check ups. Hope your results are positive. And good on you for keeping up with those doctor visits.

    The family play facility is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mason goes to one of those play facilities too and just loves it. What a great idea.

    Good luck with the ultrasound test and here's hoping all's well.

    I noticed your sidebar has my old blog showing. You might want to change that to my new one. Then again, you may not!!

    ReplyDelete